2013 SUMMER SYMPOSIUM
'BUILDING BRIDGES: Engaging
the Complete Choral Artist'
2013SYMPOSIUM DATES ARE JULY 21-25, 2013 -- in Mason City,
Chairs Dr. Sean Burton and Dr. Mary Day, O.S.F. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule 2013
- Performing Groups
Scroll Down for More Links, Registration, and Information
The 2013 ICDA Symposium"BUILDING BRIDGES: Engaging the Complete Choral Artist" is developing beautifully and promises to provide content appropriate for the myriad constituent groups comprising our Association's entire membership. The dates of the Symposium are July 21 - 25, 2013.
- The 2013 ICDA Symposium promises to provide content appropriate for the myriad constituent groups comprising our association's entire membership. Some of the offerings will include a Keynote address delivered by ACDA Executive Director Dr. Tim Sharp, concerts by outstanding performing groups such as Cantus, Great Northern Union, and Prometheus, the ICDA Directors' Chorus conducted by Dr. Jonathan Reed (Michigan State University), and a worship event led by composer, organist/pianist, and conductor Howard Helvey featuring Una Vocis Choral Ensemble (Dennis Lee, artistic director).
- Nyssa Brown, Music Education Coordinator of Minnesota's Perpich Center for Arts Education, will present sessions on global resources via digital means, sound models of music assessment, and application of Kodály's concepts. Dr. Giselle Wyers (University of Washington) will present sessions on Laban movement.
- Additional presentations by Andy Beck (Alfred Publishing, Inc.), Dr. Aimee Beckmann-Collier (Drake University), Dr. R. Paul Crabb (University of Missouri), Dr. Pete Eklund (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), Dr. Matthew Ferrell (St. Cloud State University), Dr. Allen Hightower (Luther College), Kerry Marsh (California State University, Sacramento), and Dr. Jill Wilson (Morningside College), will explore a vast panorama of choral expression.
- Dr. T.J. Harper (Providence College) and Dr. David Puderbaugh (The University of Iowa) will provide an overview of ACDA's 2014 International Conductors Exchange Program in China. Chicago-based composer Paul Carey will also be present to share his distinguished insights. A plethora of reading sessions representing all R&S areas will affirm and renew the principal textbook of the choral arts – repertoire.
- A unique component of this particular symposium will be an emphasis upon vocal pedagogy, vocal repertoire, and communication between choral directors and voice teachers. Internationally acclaimed vocal pedagogue Joan Boytim (yes, that Joan Boytim, the one whose compilations of solo vocal repertoire are an indispensable resource for many of us), NATS Past President Dr. Scott McCoy (The Ohio State University), and current NATS President Dr. Donald Simonson (Iowa State University) will share their wealth of wisdom within practical contexts.
- Social events, performances by the Ames Children's Choir, ICDA Retired Choir, Iowa All-State Jazz Choir, and North Iowa Choral Society, exhibits, commissioned work, the All-State reading session, technology mentoring for the OPUS audition process, IHSMA adjudicator re-certification, and even more will further broaden the dimension of this exciting Symposium.
Save the date -- you will be engaged and inspired!
Hosted by Dr. Sean Burton and Dr. Mary Day, O.S.F. email@example.com
2008 Pre-CONVENTION PAGES FROM SOUNDING BOARD
2008 Post-CONVENTION PAGES FROM SOUNDING BOARD
Hosted by Brad Barrett
SCHEDULE CLICK HERE for complete pdf file of schedule to print